Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Robe Rules

Not sure what category this thread falls under. It should probably go with personal hygiene, fashion, or perhaps personal consideration of others.

As the alluring title suggests, I am in need of either formulating or being made aware of some rules regarding robes. I understand and have adhered to certain rules such as not drinking (heavily) before noon, not wearing white before Memorial Day, and not filling up the pool until after the first frost. Having the opportunity to work from home typically four out of five days per week, I find myself rolling out of bed, grabbing a cup of coffee, and spending most of the day sitting in front of my laptop in my robe. The issue comes from the looks I get and sometimes the feeling of scumming around.

I like showering as much as the next guy, but I typically work out in the afternoon or very late at night. Showering in the morning and again later just seems like a waste. I'm fairly new to the Green Living movement, so I can use water usage as an argument for staying in my robe.

One of my Twitter pals @Worshipcity suggested that a robe can be considered an "indoor jacket". According to him, "you can wear it all day long...inside. You step one foot outdoors in 1 and it's to the Looney Bin!". I like that rule...except it gets broken when I go to grab the paper or the mail at lunch. Look left, look right, look left again -- then sprint to the mailbox before the neighbors catch a glimpse of a green flannel blur.

Rules are made for breaking. ROBE WEARERS UNITE!!!

No comments: