Monday, April 28, 2008

"back in the sadde again..."


WOW...what a great time leading worship this weekend. I haven't "technically" done it since July 1, 2007 at my old church, so it has been a while. It was just so comfortably exciting up there...no other way to describe it.

The first couple songs rocked: "The Difference" and "You Are Good"

The morning crowd was hard to get juiced up. When you're doing a song that involves congregational participation, it helps to have people participating. The second celebration was off-the-hook. To be able to just hold the mic out and really feel the people worshiping is something I'll never get tired of experiencing.

The Crowder song "Wholly Yours" is great in the chorus, but parts of the verse and the pre-chorus are tough for folks to sing unless they know the song really well. "Once Again" probably wouldn't be in my short list of songs to select, but it was a perfect fit during communion.

Since I have started taking guitar lessons, I notice my left hand moving into chord positions while I'm singing...like on "Wholly Yours" during the chorus fingering the "D", then to the "A", then "E". It probably looked strange, but I'm starting to feel it!

Looking forward to doing it again soon and rocking out with my new friends.

No comments: