Wednesday, April 9, 2008

i bought a new friend


I finally did it! It took two shopping trips a more cash than I thought it might, but I finally found my new friend. I bought a guitar!

Not just any guitar. It's an Art & Lutherie. Made in Canada, eh? I looked at Taylor, Takamine, Ephiphone, and Seagull. The Art & Lutherie is made by Godin who also makes Seagulls. Not high end, but in came down to feel and sound quality. I'm not sure why, but I was drawn to it.

A man came in with his two young sons, had them strum a couple (they didn't know how to play) and bought a $1800 Epiphone. I bet they shopped for a total of 6 minutes. Maybe I was being a bit analytical or over thinking the whole thing, but I took my time.

The store is also where I'm going to take lessons, so I'm waiting on a call today for them to pair me up with a teacher. I can't wait to get to know my new friend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Guitar is a great friend. I recieved two as gifts earlier in life, but shopped for years before finally buying a used Taylor. Look forward to seeing you and your new friend at the UTS Cafe for open mic night...

Dennis