Wednesday, July 9, 2008

'95 Civic Demand

Just read an article about the '95 Honda Civic being the most stolen car in America and has been in the Top 10 for Most Stolen four years in a row.

That news is not so great now that mine is no longer taking a spot in my garage. I recently bought a 2003 Honda Accord Coupe from a friend and have relegated my '95 Civic to the end of the driveway. I'm hoping that the interest in this year and model will help me to sell mine faster without having it become another statistic in a news story.

My Civic has few things going against it: 240,000 miles, no dashboard lights, CD player doesn't work, paint is faded on the roof, and there are a few spots on the lower doors that are starting to show rust.

But the one ace-in-the-hole: It's a Honda. It's probably got another 250,000 miles in it, and has never needed anything other than tune-ups, oil changes, and tires.

2 comments:

=)Bnpositive said...

I'm a little bummed that I couldn't purchase that beauty of a Honda before you got your chance at it. Oh well, I'll keep cranking up the miles on my '96 Toyota Camry. Up to 227,000.

Dustin said...

Looks like I didn't have to wait long to sell the Civic. First morning the Ad was posted in the classifieds, I had 10 calls before 9AM. I sold it by noon for cash. Maybe I should have asked for double.